Throughout the 3rd Lockdown, we will be offering 22 Live Virtual Classes and 100+ Pre Loaded Classes to those Members who continue to support us by making their Membership payments.
All Members have now been notified with the appropriate information – if not, please e-mail: email@example.com.
Fitness Class Timetable
Download the PDF timetable here: *NEW* January 2021
Customer Reminder: please bring your own exercise mat with you to the classes in the Sports Hall and Pavilion.
All Fitness Classes MUST be pre-booked, and the easiest way to do this is by using our online booking system. Please call 01308 427464 and we’ll help get you started.
Technogym Mywellness App
Do you know we offer LIVE and ON DEMAND fitness classes with our own instructors?
Here’s how to sign up:
- Download the ‘Technogym My Wellness‘ app from Google Play or the Apple Store.
- Use your existing Technogym log-in details to get started or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set your account up for you.
- ALL-INCLUSIVE members get FREE access to 100+ Technogym videos and also the upcoming ON DEMAND classes with our regular instructors.
- All other membership categories (Price-For-Life, Gym Extra, Swim Only) can access the Fitness videos for £4.99 per month. Please get in touch so we can activate your account for you.
Fitness Class Descriptions
- Active Wellbeing Fitness
A gentle and fun class that includes a mix of circuits, Pilates and aerobic exercises, followed by a wellbeing chat with your instructor.
- Aerobics Cardio Dance
A fun mix of Aerobics and Dance moves for a feel-good workout.
- Aqua Fit
Lively water-based class delivering high impact fitness with low impact moves. A great introduction to aqua fitness.
- Body Conditioning
Using weights and bands works major and minor muscle groups to tone and carve out a sleek physique.
- Cardio Dance Light
Easy to master dance routines with elements of Latin, rock and roll and jive, set to classical music from the 60s, ’70s and 80s. A low impact emphasis, perfect for older adults and beginners.
- Circuit Training
Challenging mix of cardiovascular and resistance exercises to give a great full-body workout.
- Dance Fit
A feel-good, high energy class incorporating aerobics style moves into a dance routine and set to high energy music.
- Fitness Yoga
Energetic, flowing class synchronises posture with breath and creates heat for a great workout.
- Group Studio Cycling
Fast-paced and fun workout with pumping music. Tone and burn calories with specially designed exercise bikes.
Sculpts abdominals and strengthens the core from shoulders to hips for a lean body profile.
- Interval Training
All over strength and toning circuits combined with high energy cardio and abs routine to kick-start your metabolism and burn calories.
Slow, strong movements improve flexibility, build strength and develop control. Get a strong core, and improve coordination and balance.
- Step Aerobics
Stepping up to an elevated studio step with easy-to-follow dance routines tones and conditions lower body.
- Step Pump
Basic Step aerobics routines with weights to give you all over body toning.
- Walking Netball
A slowed-down version of the game of netball, designed for anyone looking to exercise in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Balance mind and body through physical postures, breath control, relaxation and meditation.
High energy dance-based class using elements of Salsa, Latin, Samba and Tango steps.
All Fitness Classes MUST be pre-booked, and the easiest way to do this is by using our online booking system.
- Bookings can be made via the online portal 24hrs a day.
- Telephone bookings can be made from Monday to Friday – 9am to 5pm and Saturday – 9am to 2pm.
- To reduce congestion at reception, you will not be able to make any bookings or account enquiries.
- To speak with a member of the team please call 01308 427464 from Monday to Friday – 9am to 5pm and Saturday – 9 am to 2pm.
Cancellations – ‘Late Cancellation’ and ‘No Show’ Bookings will remain chargeable.
If you need to cancel a class, please ensure that you give us as much notice as possible.
Social Distancing – with Staff and Member safety being our priority, we will be maintaining a 2 Metre Social Distance rule throughout the Leisure Centre.
What Do I Need to Bring? – inline with guidance from the Government, UK Active and other leading bodies, please ensure you adhere to the following:
- Arrive ‘activity ready’ – there will be no lockers or access to the changing rooms/showers (there will be access to toilets).
- Water Bottles – please bring a filled water bottle with you for all activities (there will be limited access to water fountains).
- Gym Towels – under the guidance of UK Active, these will not be permitted in the Fitness Suite, any Classes or Activities. The white roll will be available where required.
- Equipment – please ensure that you bring your own Gym Mat to Yoga/Pilates etc. we will provide Kettle Bells/Dumbbells and other non-porous equipment.
- Footwear – appreciating that the Team will be increasing its cleaning, please help them by ensuring that you wear appropriate and clean footwear when visiting the Centre.
- Sanitiser – whilst we will provide sanitiser, please bring your own along with you as well if you are able to.
- Temperature Checks – in line with good practice, ALL Staff and Members will be subject to an infra-red temperature check prior to entering the building.
If a reading of 38 Degrees Centigrade or higher is recorded, you will be asked to step out of the queue for 5 minutes when a retest will be carried out. Should this also read high, you will unfortunately not be permitted access to the Leisure Centre.