Fitness Class Timetable
Customer Reminder: please bring your own exercise mat with you to the classes in the Sports Hall.
September: September 2020
Fitness Class Descriptions
- Active Wellbeing Fitness
A gentle and fun class that includes a mix of circuits, Pilates and aerobic exercises, followed by a wellbeing chat with your instructor.
- Body Conditioning
Using weights and bands works major and minor muscle groups to tone and carve out a sleek physique.
- Cardio Dance Light
Easy to master dance routines with elements of Latin, rock and roll and jive, set to classical music from the 60s, ’70s and 80s. A low impact emphasis, perfect for older adults and beginners.
- Circuit Training
Challenging mix of cardiovascular and resistance exercises to give a great full-body workout.
- Dance Fit
A feel-good, high energy class incorporating aerobics style moves into a dance routine and set to high energy music.
- Fitness Yoga
Energetic, flowing class synchronises posture with breath and creates heat for a great workout.
- Group Studio Cycling
Fast-paced and fun workout with pumping music. Tone and burn calories with specially designed exercise bikes.
Sculpts abdominals and strengthens the core from shoulders to hips for a lean body profile.
- Interval Training
All over strength and toning circuits combined with high energy cardio and abs routine to kick-start your metabolism and burn calories.
Slow, strong movements improve flexibility, build strength and develop control. Get a strong core, and improve coordination and balance.
- Step Aerobics
Stepping up to an elevated studio step with easy-to-follow dance routines tones and conditions lower body.
- Step Pump
Basic Step aerobics routines with weights to give you all over body toning.
- Walking Netball
A slowed-down version of the game of netball, designed for anyone looking to exercise in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Balance mind and body through physical postures, breath control, relaxation and meditation.
All Fitness Classes MUST be pre-booked, and the easiest way to do this is by using our online booking system.
- Bookings can be made via the online portal 24hrs a day.
- Telephone bookings can be made from Monday to Friday – 9am to 5pm and Saturday – 9am to 2pm.
- To reduce congestion at reception, you will not be able to make any bookings or account enquiries.
- To speak with a member of the team please call 01308 427464 from Monday to Friday – 9am to 5pm and Saturday – 9 am to 2pm.
Cancellations – ‘Late Cancellation’ and ‘No Show’ Bookings will remain chargeable.
If you need to cancel a class, please ensure that you give us as much notice as possible.
Social Distancing – with Staff and Member safety being our priority, we will be maintaining a 2 Metre Social Distance rule throughout the Leisure Centre.
What Do I Need to Bring? – inline with guidance from the Government, UK Active and other leading bodies, please ensure you adhere to the following:
- Arrive ‘activity ready’ – there will be no lockers or access to the changing rooms/showers (there will be access to toilets).
- Water Bottles – please bring a filled water bottle with you for all activities (there will be limited access to water fountains).
- Gym Towels – under the guidance of UK Active, these will not be permitted in the Fitness Suite, any Classes or Activities. The white roll will be available where required.
- Equipment – please ensure that you bring your own Gym Mat to Yoga/Pilates etc. we will provide Kettle Bells/Dumbbells and other non-porous equipment.
- Footwear – appreciating that the Team will be increasing its cleaning, please help them by ensuring that you wear appropriate and clean footwear when visiting the Centre.
- Sanitiser – whilst we will provide sanitiser, please bring your own along with you as well if you are able to.
- Temperature Checks – in line with good practice, ALL Staff and Members will be subject to an infra-red temperature check prior to entering the building.
If a reading of 38 Degrees Centigrade or higher is recorded, you will be asked to step out of the queue for 5 minutes when a retest will be carried out. Should this also read high, you will unfortunately not be permitted access to the Leisure Centre.