Dear Valued Members,
As global coverage regarding the current Covid-19 outbreak continues, please be assured that Bridport Leisure Centre is committed to maintaining the health and wellbeing of the community.
The Centre continues to follow Government advice and is doing everything they can to ensure that our members remain safe from the coronavirus, ensuring that the following additional measures are in place:
- We have installed additional Hand Sanitising stations within the Leisure Centre
- The Centre is enforcing all members to wipe down equipment both BEFORE and AFTER use in order to minimise the risk of cross-contamination – please note that the Management reserve the right to ask any visitors of the Centre to leave if this request is not followed.
- All Fitness Class Equipment such as Mats, Blankets, Blocks and Belts have been removed from the Studios – again to minimise the risk of cross-contamination.
- It is strongly recommended that users of the Centre bring with them their own Gym Towel when using the Fitness Suite or attending Fitness Classes.
- We have taken the difficult decision to reduce Fitness Class numbers by 50% to ensure we can implement the government suggested Social Distancing.
- As of today, we are restricting Parent / Guardian numbers to 1 per child within the Centre – please adhere to this policy and respect other users. By limiting these numbers, we are striving to continue to operate our Children’s Activities program.
- In the interests of public safety, we have taken the decision to initiate Social Distancing measures within the Fitness Suite, you will, therefore, see some of our equipment being taken offline during this time.
- All users of the Centre are actively encouraged to make contactless payments in order to minimise cash handling at this time.
- Should you have any concerns regarding your own or your Childs’ Membership, please contact a member of our team, who will be happy to help.
- We will review the Centre’s current timetable and reserve the right to amend our opening hours when necessary.
What do we ask of our members?
- Members who are displaying the following signs and symptoms as directed by the NHS at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ are asked not to visit the Centre for the specified time advised.
- Members returning from abroad, please seek the advice of the Government at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus and adhere to any guidance they suggest.
- Abide by all Centre policies during this time.
- Stay up to date with all current Centre news in house, on our website and via our social media pages.
- As a charitable organisation at the centre of the Bridport Community, your continued support during and post these challenging times is highly valued and imperative for the long-term sustainability of Bridport Leisure Centre.
Bridport Leisure Centre is continuously monitoring the situation and we will update you further as things develop.
Once again, thank you for your support.