We Are Hiring!
We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Centre Assistant, for more information / to apply – please click the links below:
Wednesday 24th March 2021
Please click on the attached link to read an important Swim School Update (Phase 1 – Stages 4 to 10) as we prepare to reopen our doors!
We cannot wait to return to the water!
Will and the BLC Team
Please click on the attached link to read a important Member update as we prepare to reopen our doors! further correspondence will be shared in due course.
We cannot wait to see you all!
Will and the BLC Team
The Leisure Centres Just Giving page is still live for those who would like to continue to support us throughout our closure.
If you would like to continue to support us throughout closure please click on the link below:
A massive thank you to all those who have already donated!
We thank you all for your continued support of our community facility, something that Bridport should be very proud of.
Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
Will and the team at Bridport Leisure Centre
We would like to reassure our customers that Leisure Centres and Community Facilities in England, who are following COVID-19 secure guidelines, will still be able to continue hosting more than six people in total.
Using the gym and attending Fitness Classes will still be allowed for over 6 people – as long as there is NO interaction or mixing between individual groups.
Please help us to keep the Leisure Centre safe for everyone by following the guidelines. Everybody must observe the following key behaviours:
FACE – Face coverings MUST be worn when queuing for your activity and making your way through the Centre
SPACE – Stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with
HANDS – Wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds.
IMPORTANT CUSTOMER UPDATE
- Face coverings MUST be worn when queueing and making your way to the pre-booked activity.
- You can remove your covering once you have reached your activity – please note for swimming, keep your mask on until you are called forward for you pre-swim shower.
- Entry to the Centre may not be permitted if you fail to wear a face covering. If you are exempt, please disclose this to the queue manager.
- NHS Test and Trace is now live, there are QR codes for you to scan located around the building (you only need to scan once each visit).
Please download the APP via the App Store or Android Store and do your part in supporting the NHS through this pandemic.
Thursday 10th September 2020
Following the latest Government announcements regarding new rules coming in to effect from Monday 14th September, we have been asked how does this effect Bridport Leisure Centre?
We are pleased to announce that with all of the measures that we have put in place – we ARE NOT affected by the new rulings.
Sport England released a statement last night confirming:
While social gatherings of more than six people will be banned in England from 14 September, the government’s confirmed that organised sports and activities that have been through a return to play protocols can continue, as can organise outdoor sports and physical activity events such as park run, which is due to return next month.
People can also continue to use leisure facilities, including gyms and pools – classes within these venues can continue as they are now. People should not go to these venues socially in groups of more than six.
That’s because these sports and activities have stringent plans in place to reduce the risk of Covid-19, and because these venues are classed as COVID-secure given the measures they’ve introduced.
For the full article, please visit: https://www.sportengland.org/how-we-can-help/coronavirus/return-play
September 2020 – Fitness Suite Tour
August 2020 – Our Pool is open!
Privacy notice NHS Test and Trace
Fitness Class Timetable
You can find our latest Fitness Class timetable and class descriptions here: https://www.bridportleisure.com/activities/fitness-classes/
What Do I Need to Bring? – inline with guidance from the Government, UK Active and other leading bodies, please ensure you adhere to the following:
- Arrive ‘activity ready’ – there will be no lockers or access to the changing rooms/showers (there will be access to toilets).
- Water Bottles – please bring a filled water bottle with you for all activities (there will be limited access to water fountains).
- Gym Towels – under the guidance of UK Active, these will not be permitted in the Fitness Suite, any Classes or Activities. The white roll will be available where required.
- Equipment – please ensure that you bring your own Gym Mat to Yoga/Pilates etc. we will provide Kettle Bells/Dumbbells and other non-porous equipment.
- Footwear – appreciating that the Team will be increasing its cleaning, please help them by ensuring that you wear appropriate and clean footwear when visiting the Centre.
- Sanitiser – whilst we will provide sanitiser, please bring your own along with you as well if you are able to.
- Temperature Checks – in line with good practice, ALL Staff and Members will be subject to an infra-red temperature check prior to entering the building.
If a reading of 38 Degrees Centigrade or higher is recorded, you will be asked to step out of the queue for 5 minutes when a retest will be carried out. Should this also read high, you will unfortunately not be permitted access to the Leisure Centre.
Previous Customer Updates:
- Member Update 1 (June 2020) – https://mailchi.mp/20adb0e508fa/blc-member-update-1-of-3
- Member Update 2 (9th July 2020) – https://mailchi.mp/ff612cb4da44/blc-member-update-1-of-5155801
- Member Update 3 – Friday 17th July 2020 – https://mailchi.mp/5b821d87df9c/blc-member-update-1-of-5178249
- Member Update 4 – Thursday 6th August 2020 – https://mailchi.mp/27095427d…/blc-member-update-1-of-5212505
- Member Update 5 – Wednesday 17th March 2020 – Member Update 17/03/21
- Phase 1 Swim School Update – March 2021 – Phase 1 Swim School Members